[LLVMdev] More questions on CompilerDriver.

Sanjiv Gupta sanjiv.gupta at microchip.com
Wed Nov 18 20:07:16 PST 2009

Hi Mikhail,

I was trying to figure out how to do the following in compiler driver.

1.  mcc16 driver has a -p <device_name> option. Now from this
device_name I want to be able to construct a file name like
"device_name.o" and pass that to the linker. Unpack_values "p" gives me
the device_name, but I do not know how to add ".o" suffix to it.

something like:
(not_empty "p"), [ (unpack_values "p"), (append_cmd ".o")]

2. Is there anyway to call a C++ hook from inside actions?
for example
(actions (case
          (not_empty "Wl,"), (append_cmd "$CALL(Myhook)" )))

Thanks in advance.
- Sanjiv