[LLVMdev] rpaths in llvm binaries

Larson, Timothy E. TELarson at west.com
Tue Nov 17 15:18:56 PST 2009

> Are you using cmake for building LLVM?
>
> If the answer is yes, please ask on the cmake mailing list.
>
> Usually cmake sets the RPATH when building LLVM as shared objects. But
> on my Linux box it does not set RPATH when building LLVM as static
> libraries.

I do not have cmake installed - and when packaging for NetBSD (IIRC) you need to explicitly tell it that cmake is used, which I haven't done - so I'd have to answer "no".

I do see LIBS="$LIBS -L${llvm_cv_oppath} -Wl,-rpath,${llvm_cv_oppath}" in autoconf/configure.ac, and hardcode_libdir_flag_spec'${wl}-rpath ${wl}$libdir' and hardcode_libdir_flag_spec_ld='-rpath $libdir' in configure, though.  Do these need to be there?

Tim