[LLVMdev] Sandboxing code

Péter Szilágyi peterke at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 12:28:05 PST 2009

Hello,

  I'm absolutely 101% new to LLVM so please bare with me :).

  I'm trying to explore what LLVM can and cannot be used for. One
thing I was wondering, whether it would be possible to execute an LLVM
code in a completely sandboxed environment? By sandboxed I mean that
the executed code should not have direct access to any system
resources (i.e. hard drive, networking, devices), only through some
specific API that I would provide. The idea is to be able to execute a
random LLVM code from the internet in a completely safe way (provided
that the specific code adheres to my libs in the first place...
otherwise it shouldn't even compile).

Thanks,
  Peter