[LLVMdev] LLVM + FORTRAN 95

Renato Golin rengolin at systemcall.org
Wed Nov 4 01:53:38 PST 2009

2009/11/4 Bill Wendling <wendling at apple.com>:
> You realize that LLVM doesn't have data dependence analysis, so supporting
> HPF (with any Fortran front-end) won't be out-of-the-box. :-)

I was just pushing a bit further, there might be someone listening
that would like to do it... ;)

But it is my opinion that any software written today that does not
contemplate intrinsic parallelism (any type, but preferable most
types) is a waste of time.

The era of one processing unit per box was abandoned decades ago and
yet, we seem to keep thinking serially, even when programming for
multiple processors...

Though, that's a long discussion for a completely different mailing list... ;)

cheers,
--renato

Reclaim your digital rights, eliminate DRM, learn more at