[LLVMdev] Pool Allocation Questions

Patrick Alexander Simmons simmon12 at cs.uiuc.edu
Fri May 29 09:30:34 PDT 2009

Hi,

I've been trying to get up to speed on LLVM in general and the pool
allocation pass in particular because I need to write a transformation
which piggybacks off of pool allocation.  I was what the external API to
pool allocation is, and how would I go about querying it for things like
"give me the set of pointers to the pools this Value* might be in" from
my pass after pool allocation is run.  Could someone who knows about
pool allocation help me with this?  I was also wondering if the
technique described in the Programmer's Manual for indicating that one
pass must be run after another applies for pool allocation even though
it's in a separate tree from LLVM itself.

Thanks,
--Patrick