[LLVMdev] Sparse propagation framework

Bill Wendling isanbard at gmail.com
Wed May 27 19:11:49 PDT 2009

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 5:26 PM, Mark Lacey <superoptimizer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,

Hi Mark,

> I'm relatively new to LLVM (but not optimizing compilers), and have been
> reading docs and browsing code.

Bienvenue!

> I noticed in the 2.4 release notes that a sparse propagation framework had
> been added based on the SCCP algorithm. I might have a need for exactly this
> kind of framework in order to prototype an analysis I have in mind.
>
> I also noticed, however, that this doesn't appear to be in use at this time.

It is being used:

opt.cpp:

void AddStandardCompilePasses(PassManager &PM) {
  addPass(PM, createSCCPPass());                 // Constant prop with
SCCP

and in gcc/llvm-backend.cpp:

static void createPerModuleOptimizationPasses() {
      PM->add(createSCCPPass());                  // Constant prop
with SCCP

-bw