[LLVMdev] Getting exceptions to work?

Duncan Sands baldrick at free.fr
Mon May 25 01:15:37 PDT 2009

> Well, after much labor, I think I have managed to create a personality
> function that works. But I must say it is frightening how complicated
> all of this stuff is.

Yup.  Having personally suffered quite a bit of pain in this area,
I've come to the conclusion that if you want to use the gcc unwinder
and personality functions then you have to carefully copy what gcc
does: it's fragile stuff and any deviation will cause breakage.
That makes mapping LLVM's exception handling model onto libgcc in an
efficient way unpleasantly tricky.

Ciao,

Duncan.