[LLVMdev] RFC: Atomics.h

Owen Anderson resistor at mac.com
Sat May 16 14:11:00 PDT 2009

Some of you may have noticed that I addedd include/llvm/System/
Atomics.h to the repository briefly, which will be used for adding
support for threading in LLVM.

I have tried to provided appropriate implementations of the atomic ops
(currently memory fence and CAS) for platforms we care about, but my
knowledge of these, and my ability to test them, is limited.  So,
please, if you run on any less common platform, test out the file, and
send me patches to improve it if it doesn't work verbatim on your
system.

Thanks,

--Owen