[LLVMdev] Instruction categories in the backend

Christian Sayer Christian.Sayer at dibcom.fr
Mon May 11 08:03:36 PDT 2009

Dear all,

I would like to classify all target specific instructions in a set of categories. The category of each instruction would then be available in the backend.
Just to illustrate what I am trying to do, the first thing I thought about how to achieve this was to group instruction definitions in InstrInfo.td in the order of categories, and to put pseudo instructions in between to mark category boundaries.  However, the  Target Instruction Enum in GenInstrNames.inc does not follow the definition order of the .td, but is in fact ordered alphabetically.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Christian

 --

CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE: The contents of this message, including any attachments, are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the person or entity to whom the message was addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please be advised that any dissemination, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender. Please also permanently delete all copies of the original message and any attached documentation. Thank you.