[LLVMdev] Codegen error with instrinsic

Kshitiz Garg ksh.cseiitk at gmail.com
Sat May 9 08:05:39 PDT 2009

I am getting the following error when i am trying to generate the
code. In the optimization pass I have inserted some calls
llvm.annotation.i32 class to provide indentification tags to loops to
be used in subsequent passes.
Codegen is complaining about these annotations.

llc -march=c ham1_seq.bc3
Error: Code generator does not support intrinsic function 'llvm.annotation.i32'!

 llc -march=x86 ham1_seq.bc3
Cannot yet select: intrinsic %llvm.annotation

As per the language reference codegen simply ignores the intrinsics.
The value returned by these intrinsics is not being used anywhere
inside the code.
Am i missing something or is this a bug??
regards,
Kshitiz
--
Kshitiz Garg