[LLVMdev] obtaining IR for CellBE code

Tilmann Scheller tilmann.scheller at googlemail.com
Thu May 7 09:58:47 PDT 2009

Hi Kshitiz,

unfortunately it is not possible to build an spu-llvm-gcc yet, there
is a small number of issues (mainly support for integer divides and
some 128-bit related stuff) which prevent the LLVM SPU backend from
compiling libgcc successfully (the low level runtime library which is
built as part of llvm-gcc) and thus prevent a successful llvm-gcc
build. Please note that the Cell SPU backend is considered
experimental.

Patches welcome though! :)

Greetings,

Tilmann