[LLVMdev] leveraging back-end C compiler features in the gcc-based front-end

Eli Friedman eli.friedman at gmail.com
Sun May 3 20:19:50 PDT 2009

On Sun, May 3, 2009 at 7:12 PM, Bob Frankel <bios.bob.frankel at gmail.com> wrote:
> wow!!!  i would be interested in trying this....  any helpful instructions
> (for a novice like me) to get started using the msp430 backend would be
> helpful....

If you've built clang (http://clang.llvm.org/), you can use a command
like "clang -ccc-host-triple msp430-generic-generic -ccc-clang-archs
msp430 -x c - -o - -S -O" and type in some C code, and it'll spit out
msp430 assembly.  (The -ccc-host-triple and -cc-clang-archs arguments
are magic; besides that, clang takes the same arguments as gcc.)

-Eli