[LLVMdev] open source multithreaded garbage collector suitable for LLVM applications?

Basile STARYNKEVITCH basile at starynkevitch.net
Fri May 1 13:27:29 PDT 2009

Hello All

Does any know about some opensource multithread-compatible (or
concurrent) garbage collector library, if possible suitable for LLVM?

(I mean that I want several mutator threads; the collector can be
stoptheworld or concurrent ....)

H.Boehm's conservative GC is multithread compatible, but seems quite
slow (allocation is about the time of a C malloc).

And it is well known that coding concurrent GC is quite hard, much
harder than coding a single-threaded GC.

And with LLVM, adapting to the constraints of the GC is easier.

Are there people using LLVM in multi-threaded applications with some
other GC than Boehm's?

Regards.