[LLVMdev] llvmc issues on x86_32

Mikhail Glushenkov foldr at codedgers.com
Tue Mar 31 11:20:01 PDT 2009

Hi,

> According to the FAQ llvmc is considered experimental/unsupported. But
> FWIW, here's an issue I found while trying to use it on 32 bit x86 systems.

I am the primary maintainer of llvmc. First of all, thanks for
your bug report.

> tools/llvmc/plugins/Base/Base.td hardcodes the -relocation-model=pic
> option into invocations of llc:

This part was copied verbatim from the previous incarnation of
llvmc and wasn't given much thought.

> I don't see an easy way to disable or override this option when invoking
> llvmc on the command line.

I removed the '-relocation-model' bit from the default invocation
string for llc. To pass arguments to llc, use the new "-Wllc"
option.