[LLVMdev] LLVM test-suite

Aaron Gray aaronngray.lists at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 28 14:48:49 PDT 2009

2009/3/28 John Mosby <ojomojo at gmail.com>

> Thanks Duncan,
> I figured it out after a couple of tries, but the docs are not as clear as
> your instructions. If there's no specific maintainer of TestingGuide.html,
> I'd be happy to update the docs to be as clear as your instructions.
>
> llvm/projects/Makefile filters out "test-suite" and "llvm-test" when builds
> are done, so it looks like those two names work.
>
> John
>
>   On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 2:35 PM, Duncan Sands <baldrick at free.fr> wrote:
>
>>  Hi Aaron,
>>
>> > How do I get the LLVM test-suite to work I have followed the
>> /docs/TestingGuide.html but cannot seem to get it to work. I have tried many
>> variations, but get no joy. The docmunetation does not appear very clear.
>>
>> (1) check out the testsuite.  The default name of the checkout is
>> "test-suite".
>> (2) move it into llvm/projects/, changing the name to llvm-test, so now
>> you
>> have an "llvm/projects/llvm-test" directory.  I don't know if the name
>> change
>> really matters.
>> (3) configure/reconfigure llvm (as if about to build llvm).  This way the
>> configure machinery will notice that the testsuite is now there.
>> (4) if building in a separate objects directory you should have a
>> "projects/llvm-test/" subdirectory of the objects directory now.
>> Change directory into it.  If building in the llvm tree, change
>> directory to llvm/projects/llvm-test/.  You should now be inside a
>> directory called "llvm-test".
>> (5) run "make".
>>
>> [root at cybercomms test-suite]# make
make[1]: Entering directory
`/usr/build/llvm/projects/test-suite/SingleSource'
make[2]: Entering directory
`/usr/build/llvm/projects/test-suite/SingleSource/UnitTests'
make[3]: Entering directory
`/usr/build/llvm/projects/test-suite/SingleSource/UnitTests/Vector'
make[4]: Entering directory
`/usr/build/llvm/projects/test-suite/SingleSource/UnitTests/Vector/SSE'
make[4]: *** No rule to make target `Output/sse.expandfft.linked.rbc',
needed by `Output/sse.expandfft.linked.bc'.  Stop.
make[4]: Leaving directory
`/usr/build/llvm/projects/test-suite/SingleSource/UnitTests/Vector/SSE'
make[3]: *** [all] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/usr/build/llvm/projects/test-suite/SingleSource/UnitTests/Vector'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/usr/build/llvm/projects/test-suite/SingleSource/UnitTests'
make[1]: *** [UnitTests/.makeall] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/build/llvm/projects/test-suite/SingleSource'
make: *** [SingleSource/.makeall] Error 2

Get the same results in llvm-test as in test-suite

Aaron