[LLVMdev] Applying for Hi There I am a PhD student of Computer Scince at Simon Fraser University (http://www.cs.sfu.ca) interested in applying to GSoC. My PhD is focused on theoretical computer science, but since Sep. 2008 I have started working on Software pr

Ehsan Amiri ehsanamiri at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 14:32:57 PDT 2009

Dear all

I am a PhD student of Computer Scince at Simon Fraser University (
http://www.cs.sfu.ca) interested in applying to GSoC. My PhD is focused on
theoretical computer science, but since Sep. 2008 I have started working on
Software projects again. Currently I am working in COSTAR lab on a high
performance regular expression engine based on Parallel bit streams
technology. A considerable part of this project is optimal register
allocation and I have got familiar with the literature during my current
project. Before my PhD I have worked on various projects including
distributed firewall and short message service center. These projects
requried C++ and C(kernel level) programming in Linux.

I am interested in the following open projects of llvm.

1- Implementing interprocedural register allocation. This is in the same
line with what I have been doing recently.

The other projects below are also quite interesting for me:

2- Adding support for Type Based Alias Analysis

3- Improving handling of memcpy/memset.

4- Implementing a loop dependency analysis infrastructure.

Best Regards
Ehsan Amiri