[LLVMdev] pragmas

Anthony Danalis adanalis at eecs.utk.edu
Wed Mar 25 10:49:35 PDT 2009

Hello

Is there a "generic" pragma that is supported by LLVM and is visible
by optimization passes?  or any other way for a programmer to pass
meta-data information to the compiler?
I am writing an analysis pass that could benefit from user provided
information.  At this stage, I could like to keep the kind of
information that the user can provide as general as possible.
Examples would be "x, y are (not) aliased", "loop trip count =
x" (where x is either a static constant, or an expression", "branch
cond. is true most of the time" (or x% of the time), and other
information that might be statically undecidable, but the developer
knows the answer to.

thanks,
Anthony