[LLVMdev] Problem Compiling Test-suite

Duncan Sands baldrick at free.fr
Mon Mar 23 01:04:18 PDT 2009

Hi,

> make[1]: Entering directory '/llvm/projects/test-suite/SingleSource'

usually it is llvm-test not test-suite.  I don't know if this matters.

> make[4]: *** No rule to make target 'Output/sse.expandfft.linked.rbc', needed by 'Output/sse.expandfft.linked.bc'. Stop.

This is a sign that it couldn't find llvm-gcc.  Try rerunning configure,
not in the testsuite but in the top-level llvm directory.

> when I went to /llvm and did a:
>
> ./configure

OK, I see you did :)

> with nothing else (earlier I was trying to setup the --with-llvmgccdir= llvm-4.2-2.4-x86-linux-RHEL4/bin from here and then did a make in the test-suite I get the following error:
> cc1: warning: unrecognized gcc debugging option: i
> cc1: warning: unrecognized gcc debugging option: s
> cc1: warning: unrecognized gcc debugging option: b
> cc1: warning: unrecognized gcc debugging option: l
> cc1: warning: unrecognized gcc debugging option: e
> cc1: warning: unrecognized gcc debugging option: -
> cc1: warning: unrecognized gcc debugging option: l
> cc1: warning: unrecognized gcc debugging option: l
> cc1: warning: unrecognized gcc debugging option: m
> cc1: warning: unrecognized gcc debugging option: -
> cc1: warning: unrecognized gcc debugging option: o
> cc1: warning: unrecognized gcc debugging option: t
> cc1: warning: unrecognized gcc debugging option: z
> cc1: warning: unrecognized gcc debugging option: n
> cc1: warning: unrecognized gcc debugging option: s
> cc1: Unknown command line argument '-m32'.  Try: 'cc1 --help'

It sounds like your versions of llvm and llvm-gcc are out of sync.
If you got llvm from svn then you need llvm-gcc from svn too.

Ciao,

Duncan.