[LLVMdev] GSoC09 potential participant

Rodrigo Dominguez roddomi at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 19 11:32:46 PDT 2009

Hi,

I am a PhD student interested in participating in GSoC09. Being compilers my
area of research, LLVM had got my attention until I read this last post:

http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvmdev/2009-March/021060.html

I would like if one of the official LLVM Developers
(http://llvm.org/developers.cgi) could confirm this. I understand if you are
looking for students who can hit the ground running and contribute
immediately to LLVM. I just want to make sure this is the official view of
the LLVM team (I could have written that last post myself). Not being
familiar with the code base that would disqualify me as a participant.

On the other hand, I thought the purpose of GSoC was to bring new people on
board and encourage the participation of newcomers on open-source projects.
But I may be wrong.

Thank you,

Rodrigo