[LLVMdev] [llvm][gsoc] Where we at?

Duncan Sands baldrick at free.fr
Thu Mar 19 07:52:55 PDT 2009

> > I am wondering about the status of GSoc this year. The mailing list seems to be rather quiet on the topic. Has anyone thought of project ideas?
> We just received confirmation that LLVM was accepted for this year GSoC.
> The ideas list, as usual, is placed at
> http://llvm.org/OpenProjects.html (it also contains links to
> subproject's ideas pages).
>
> Please consider looking into
> http://socghop.appspot.com/org/show/google/gsoc2009/llvm for more
> details like application requirements, etc.

Also I think it was agreed that we would not accept applications from
students who have never contributed to LLVM in any way.  So, if you want
to be a GSoC LLVM student, rummage through the bugreports, find one you
can solve, solve it, send in your solution, and pray it gets applied!
The idea is that we want proof that students are actually capable of
contributing before accepting applications; we don't want to discover
that a student is never going to produce anything halfway through their
GSoC project (as has happened in the past).

Ciao,

Duncan.