[LLVMdev] Question about llvm/llvm-gcc visibility

Anton Korobeynikov anton at korobeynikov.info
Thu Mar 19 01:46:47 PDT 2009

Hi, Mark

> #pragma GCC visibility push(hidden)
In theory - yes.

> If so, what are the options I need to set when configuring llvm and
> llvm-gcc?
Well... No extra options are needed.

> I'm able to compile the module with llvm-gcc (with the above pragma
> included), but the kernel still rejects the module at load time saying the
> module is compiled with PLT/GOT.
Visibility != w/o PLT/GOT, it only reduces calls / accesses via PLT/GOT.

> Any Inputs, Insights?
Please consider filling a PR in llvm bugzilla with sources in question
and/or generated LLVM IR (you can grab it supplying -emit-llvm option
to llvm-gcc)

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov