[LLVMdev] Looking for a Reaching Definition Analysis

Shone Sadler shone.sadler at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 11:24:25 PDT 2009

Hello,

I am a newbie to LLVM as well as compilers and I am hoping for some
direction in finding an instance of where a Reaching Definition Analysis is
being implemented within LLVM.  I have referenced the sources files,
initially hoping to find an explicit ReachingDefinitionAnalysis.cpp file ;-)
but with no such luck.  Other than that I have found the files
SimpleRegisterCoalescing.cpp and the PreAllocSplitting.cpp which are
referencing Reaching Definitions (as VNInfo objects), which leads me to
believe that Reaching Definitions are created as part of the
LiveIntervalAnalysis, which is a MachineFunctionPass.  However, I was
expecting to find a implementation of RD Analysis earlier on.  I will
continue walking though LiveIntervalAnalysis and the rest of the code, but
was looking for some direction here if possible.

Thanks in advance!

Shone Sadler