[LLVMdev] promotion of return value.

Rafael Espindola espindola at google.com
Fri Mar 13 14:51:22 PDT 2009

> This does not bound us to any particular size promotion. The solution is generic enough to address all possibilities (of course new attributes may be needed)

We are both trying to do the same, I just don't see why this can't be
done completely in llvm-gcc or clang. Do you have an C example where
we
currently do sign extension and that we would be able to avoid it with
your proposal?

> Regards
> Ali

Cheers,
--
Rafael Avila de Espindola

Google | Gordon House | Barrow Street | Dublin 4 | Ireland
Registered in Dublin, Ireland | Registration Number: 368047