[LLVMdev] Wiki?

someguy just.s0m3.guy+llvmdev at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 01:22:10 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to LLVM and am slowly learning the code-base and
architecture, mostly as a result of my efforts to implement a target
backend.

There are a number of resources (read: documents) available which deal
with some parts of backend development (and LLVM development in
general), but sadly they are not at all comprehensive.

I'd like to propose that a wiki be made available so that people who
work out how to do stuff can document their findings. I'd like to see
sections devoted to frontend, backend and misc. pass implementation,
with both explanations of how LLVM works under the hood, and 'recipes'
for common tasks/issues.

For example, I would be more than happy to write up a set of howtos
for the various questions and tasks I've encountered during my backend
development, ranging from a 'What's the bare minimum?' to more complex
issues like 'Implementing conditional branching' and 'calling
conventions', 'emitting binary (object) code' etc.

Thoughts?

someguy