[LLVMdev] Adding Intrinsics for custom processor (frotend problem)

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Tue Mar 3 09:39:12 PST 2009

On Mar 3, 2009, at 1:53 AM, Gil Dogon wrote:
> My problem though as mentioned before is that  the frontend support
> for
> intrinsics, is undocumented, and implemented
> in  llvm-gcc which I prefer not to hack with (I  use a binary
> precompiled one).

As others have mentioned, hacking the front-end isn't that hard.  In
any case though, please be aware that a precompiled binary for a non-
MIPS target won't produce correct code if you are (for example) using
an x86 front-end and forcing llc to generate mips code with llc -
march=mips.  The front-end does type layout and knows very ABI things
that have to be right for mips.

-Chris