[LLVMdev] Explicitly Freeing Allocas

Nyx mcheva at cs.mcgill.ca
Thu Jun 18 12:47:35 PDT 2009

I went ahead and implemented the allocation based on the maximum size of all
structs seen so far... The problem is, the TargetData object from
ExecutionEngine gives me a size of 12 for a struct containing a pointer and
an i64 (on a 32-bit machine). However, the generated code seems to assume an
alignment of 8, and tries to read the i64 value at offset 8, which obviously
reads an invalid value.

Does the getSizeInBytes() method from StructLayout not take the alignment
into account?

- Max