[LLVMdev] Segmentation fault - Kaleidoscope

Juan Carlos Martinez Santos juanc.martinez.santos at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 09:10:40 PDT 2009

Hello,

Following the tutorial "Kaleidoscope: Adding JIT and Optimizer Support", I
found a Segmentation fault when I try to execute it. I am new in the
neighbourhood, so I don't know what is wrong. Could you help me with that?

I am working with the last version of LLVM (2.5). The code in chapter 2 and
3 works good, but the code in the chapter 4 did not work.

Below are the detail of what I did.

Regards,

Juan Carlos

*********************************
http://llvm.org/docs/tutorial/LangImpl4.html#jit

*********************************
./toy
ready> 4+5;
Segmentation fault

Details using gdb:
[New Thread 0xb7ca96c0 (LWP 9948)]

[Switching to Thread 0xb7ca96c0 (LWP 9948)]
0x0804e914 in main ()
    at /usr/local/include/llvm/ExecutionEngine/ExecutionEngine.h:142
142      const TargetData *getTargetData() const { return TD; }

--
Juan Carlos