[LLVMdev] x86 Intel Syntax and MASM 9.x

Anton Korobeynikov anton at korobeynikov.info
Tue Jun 16 11:15:27 PDT 2009

Hello, Benedict

> There is still one problem that I am looking into around changing
> alignments within SEGMENTS. The problem is that MASM allows 2,4,16,256
> alignments, default being 16, but LLVM is sometimes generating 32
> alignment, for example, consider the following code:
That's correct. MASM is too weak to represent even slightly non-trivial
program. In your particular case - LLVM IR can set up any alignment it
want. Also note the FIXME's in the X86IntelAsmPrinter.cpp wrt the
alignment.

You might try to round up the alignment to the highest allowed value,
but this might be an overkill...

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov.

Faculty of Mathematics & Mechanics, Saint Petersburg State University.