[LLVMdev] obtaining IR for CellBE code

Scott Michel scottm at aero.org
Wed Jun 10 15:29:24 PDT 2009

Kshitz:

The llvm-gcc frontend will _not_ produce the IR. Specifically, the
LLVM Cell Be (not "CELLBE", or Peter Hofstee might get a tad upset) is
alpha quality code. It needs 32 bit multiplication, among other things.

You're actually asking for Cell BE-specific IR. However, you can get
fairly far using llvm-gcc for x86 so long as your code doesn't have
stdio calls. If you are looking for Cell SDK intrinsics, you're out of
luck.

Yes, I plan to get back to development at some point this summer, but
in the meantime, I have a new job that I need to get under control.

-scooter