[LLVMdev] Problem with llc and ppc64

Tilmann Scheller tilmann.scheller at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 10 10:53:42 PDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 4:49 PM, Andreas
Neustifter<e0325716 at student.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:
> Just to be sure: since you are working on powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu
> (which is the triple used for the 32-bit portion of ppc) am I correct in
> assuming that the 32 bit part also does not work?
Actually a lot of the 32-bit ABI is already implemented (thanks
Nicolas!) and if you're generating the LLVM IR yourself it should
already work reasonably well. I've heard from people successfully
using the JIT on PPC Linux. However, clang and llvm-gcc both lack
proper ABI support, it's also not possible to bootstrap llvm-gcc yet.
I'm currently implementing the missing ABI features in the PPC backend
and I expect to start working on llvm-gcc next week. So stay tuned :)

Greetings,

Tilmann