[LLVMdev] Problem with llc and ppc64

Tilmann Scheller tilmann.scheller at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 10 07:12:34 PDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 3:03 PM, Andreas
Neustifter<e0325716 at student.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:
> Is there something wrong with my cross-compiler or is the llc-generated code bad?
Most likely the latter, the powerpc64-unknown-linux-gnu target is not
officially supported by LLVM. In fact there is no support for the
64-bit PowerPC Linux ABI in the PPC backend at all. The generated
assembly is probably some Darwin-centric 64-bit code.

As part of Google Summer of Code 2009 I'm currently working on making
powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu an officially supported target, it is still
in early stages though.

Greetings,

Tilmann