[LLVMdev] Regular Expressions

David Greene dag at cray.com
Tue Jun 9 12:37:40 PDT 2009

On Tuesday 09 June 2009 14:12, Sandeep Patel wrote:
r with MSVC build procedures so I don't know how involved that is.

> > The advantage to the second approach is that we keep the POSIX interfaces
> > in the rest of the LLVM code, we don't have to design another set of
> > interfaces and we just use the OpenBSD library when we have to.
>
> <http://www.laurikari.net/tre/> looks somewhat promising as a
> POSIX-compatible regex library with a suitable license.

We've talked about http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/lib/libc/regex/
as well.  Is there any reason to prefer one over the other?

I'm testing an integration of the OpenBSD code right now.  I can't test a
Windows build, though.  So how should we go about doing that?  I have the
autoconf and (I think) cmake work done, but I have no way of fully testing
it.  Should I just check it in and let Windows users give it a try?

                                    -Dave