[LLVMdev] debug information for functions

Vasudev.Negi at microchip.com Vasudev.Negi at microchip.com
Mon Jun 8 23:23:32 PDT 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: llvmdev-bounces at cs.uiuc.edu [mailto:llvmdev-bounces at cs.uiuc.edu]
On Behalf Of Devang Patel
Sent: Monday, June 08, 2009 11:03 PM
To: LLVM Developers Mailing List
Subject: Re: [LLVMdev] debug information for functions

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 3:25 AM, <Vasudev.Negi at microchip.com> wrote:

> I get .bc files for foo.c and foo.bc through clang. Now I run llvm-ld
> with -disable-opt for foo.bc and goo.bc. In the resulting .bc files,
one
> of the two functions fun, is renamed to fun<number>. There are two
> llvm.dbg.subprogram descriptors created for the two fun functions.
Both
> have name foo . So there is no way to know which descriptor represents
> which function. I am trying to get this information in assembly
printer.

What is the use of this info ? The descriptor includes enough location
info (thru func.start) and the display name for static functions.

-
Devang

We are not using Dwarf writer. We are emitting debug info in coff
format. I need the file in which function is defined to emit .file
directive. MachineFunction has DefaultDebugLoc but it gets set only in
the case of -O0.
I can get the DebugLoc from machine instruction but that will be an ugly
way to do it.