[LLVMdev] Using LLVM JIT inside a Cocoa application

Camille Troillard camille at osculator.net
Fri Jun 5 02:59:08 PDT 2009

Hello,

I am trying to compile a project I am writing with Xcode that will use
LLVM libraries to generate code executed with the JIT.
I would be curious to learn how you deal with LLVM header files,
libraries, makefiles and Cocoa application projects.

My candid understanding is that LLVM projects need to be built with
LLVM makefiles (hence the previous message I sent about LLVM
Projects).  I am not totally reluctant to the idea of building a
library outside of Xcode and then linking it to my Cocoa project, but
I find it rather annoying to maintain two project structures.  With
some work it would be possible to automate all of this build project
inside Xcode, but I was hoping a more straightforward solution.

Any ideas?

Best Regards,
Camille