[LLVMdev] Removing SimpleRewriter (formerly SimpleSpiller)

Lang Hames lhames at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 17:03:37 PDT 2009

The new spilling framework inserts spill code in-place (during
register allocation) rather than deferring it using
VirtRegMap/VirtRegRewriter. The goal is to enable techniques like
iterative splitting to be implemented. It should also be a bit tidier
as it keeps more state in the MachineFunction, rather than in
book-keeping structures like VirtRegMap. The work is in the very early
stages though.

- Lang.