[LLVMdev] Current status of ARM backend (system-level support specifically) on LLVM?

Won J Jeon wjjeon at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 11:59:43 PDT 2009

Thanks, Eli. Also, I wonder specifically if the structure alignment and code
padding in the system code works with ARM backend without any problem, so
LLVM behaves the same as gcc.

Won

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 11:58 AM, Won J Jeon<wjjeon at
gmail.com<http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/llvmdev>>
wrote:
>* Hello all,
*>*
*>* We just started to look at how we could use LLVM to secure ARM-based
mobile
*>* system from malware like overriding pointers to system functions and
causing
*>* memory overflow. I'm wondering how the current ARM backend work on the
*>* current LLVM release.
*
It's stabe enough to be usable, as far as I know.

>* Does it have any support for ARM system-level
*>* instructions to change the page tables or switching tasks?
*
You can use inline assembly for this sort of thing.

-Eli