[LLVMdev] Removing SimpleRewriter (formerly SimpleSpiller)

Lang Hames lhames at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 11:57:06 PDT 2009

R.I.P. SimpleRewriter. If anyone needs it resurrected let me know.

This leaves LocalRewriter (the default) and the new TrivialRewriter,
which is for use only with the new in-place spilling framework. This
framework appears (if you squint just right) to be basically
functional now, but it produces awful code. If you want to play with
it you can invoke it with the magical combination of
"-join-liveintervals=false -new-spill-framework -rewriter=trivial".

- Lang.