[LLVMdev] llvmc for PIC16

Mikhail Glushenkov foldr at codedgers.com
Thu Jun 4 07:38:22 PDT 2009

Hi Sanjiv,

Sanjiv Gupta <sanjiv.gupta <at> microchip.com> writes:

> PIC16 now has clang and llc based system to generate native assembly. We
> then use our native assembler (gpasm) and the native linker (mplink) to
> generate the final executable.  How can I integrate these things with
> the driver llvmc to have gcc like user experience?  Note that we also
> want to run llvm-ld in order to perform the LTOs in case of multiple files.
>
> - Sanjiv

You can start with writing a separate llvmc-based driver, say, llvmc-pic16, that
uses your custom toolchain. The documentation and examples (especially
examples/Skeleton) should get you started. Once you get this working, I can
integrate your changes into mainline llvmc.

I'll be happy to answer any further questions you may have, feel free to e-mail
me directly (though right now our mail server is down).