[LLVMdev] Questions about LLVM

Eli Friedman eli.friedman at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 04:46:48 PDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 4:25 AM, Camille Troillard<camille at osculator.net> wrote:
> 1. Do you think it would make sense to use the clang codebase (specifically
> Objective-C CodeGen / CGObjCRuntime) in order to generate the code that will
> replace F-Script's interpretation?  If that is possible it would enable me
> to start progressively porting F-Script to LLVM, instead of reinventing the
> wheel and port everything at once.

It's a possibility, but I'm not sure how much it'll help you; writing
the bits you need from scratch shouldn't be much harder than making
ObjC calls in an interpreter.

> 2. If the previous answer is yes, can you point me to some code
> where CGObjCRuntime is used?

I don't think anyone outside of clang is using it at the moment.

On a side note, it's better to ask this sort of question on cfe-dev.

-Eli