[LLVMdev] viewCFGOnly() function

nxer nxer44 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 21:25:35 PDT 2009

Oops, should have been clearer, i meant to use a method viewCFGOnly() in
Function.h, i thought we need to declare a function variable first
(llvm::Function* F) and use the create method, etc. I just confused myself
there so i just restarted with clean slate with MachineFunction and this is
what i have:

#include <stdint.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <llvm/Function.h>
#include "llvm/CodeGen/MachineFunction.h"

using namespace llvm;

int main( int argc, char ** argv )
{
 llvm::MachineFunction* F;

 F->viewCFGOnly();
 return 0;
}

I compile it using this:
llvm-g++ test.cpp `llvm-config --cxxflags --ldflags --libs`

It compiles fine but then what? I have "dot" and "gv" in my path, i thought
there would be an empty graph or something that would display. I am not sure
if i misunderstood this whole thing. As you can probably tell i am bit a
noob with this so could you please point to the right documentation? I am
just piecing information together from random parts! Thanks.