[LLVMdev] LLVM and Interrupt Service Routines.

Sanjiv.Gupta at microchip.com Sanjiv.Gupta at microchip.com
Tue Jul 21 08:07:53 PDT 2009

Hi,
Apparently, there is no explicit support for ISRs in the llvm framework.  I could not find a matching attribute that can be used to mark a function as an ISR, which codegen and optimizer can use accordingly. ISRs aren't called explicity from any function, so currently the optimizer deletes them. We are planning to introduce a new "interrupt" attribute (to be modeled similiar to "section" attribute) which one can use in different passes suitably.
How does that sound? Or do we have something available already?

- Sanjiv