[LLVMdev] how can I compile an ARM assembly file produced by llc into ARM binary ?

Pei-Shiang Hung pshung.cs96g at nctu.edu.tw
Mon Jul 20 20:01:49 PDT 2009

Dear all,

I have a problem while compiling the ARM assembly file produced by LLVM arm backend  (llc)。

The commands I did are ..

llc -march=arm printf.bc -o printf.arm.s

arm-softfloat-linux-gnu-as printf.arm.s -o printf.arm.o
arm-softfloat-linux-gnu-ld --dynamic-linker /home/toolchain/arm-softfloat-linux-gnu/distributed/arm-softfloat-linux-gnu/lib/ld-2.3.5.so /home/toolchain/arm-softfloat-linux-gnu/arm-softfloat-linux-gnu/lib/crt1.o  /home/toolchain/arm-softfloat-linux-gnu/arm-softfloat-linux-gnu/lib/crti.o  /home/toolchain/arm-softfloat-linux-gnu/arm-softfloat-linux-gnu/lib/crtn.o -lc printf.arm.o -o printf.arm

The error message is as following,

arm-softfloat-linux-gnu-ld: ERROR: printf.arm.o is compiled for EABI version 5, whereas printf.arm is compiled for version 0
arm-softfloat-linux-gnu-ld: failed to merge target specific data of file printf.arm.o
arm-softfloat-linux-gnu-ld: printf.arm.o: warning: unresolvable relocation 28 against symbol `printf@@GLIBC_2.0' from .text section
printf.arm.o(.text+0x20): In function `main':
: internal error: unsupported relocation error

Can anyone provide the appropriate toolchain which can sucessfully compile ARM assembly file into ARM binary  and the complete commands?

Thank you ..