[LLVMdev] x86 unwind support[MESSAGE NOT SCANNED]

Maurice Gittens mainmanmauricio at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 08:47:50 PDT 2009

Hi,

> Maybe there does exist a programming language that never calls (or is
> > called by) programs in other programming languages and never runs in
> > an environment where one of its threads may be terminated.  In that
> > case, interoperability of generated code doesn't matter.  In the
> > heterogeneous world of the contemporary OS I'm not sure if that's a
> > common case.
> The level of inter-language interoperability you are talking about is
> frankly next to impossible.
> Java doesn't allow threads to be terminated precisely because of the
> sort of problems it causes.

I am happy with the  LLVM design choices here. You do not seem to be.

If _you_ wan't different semantics why not contribute optional support for
your semantics
without taking away what is there now?

I doubt that any one would object to optional support for an
additional way to deal with invoke if you were to supply one appropriately.

Maurice