[LLVMdev] please stabilize the trunk

Tanya Lattner lattner at apple.com
Thu Jul 16 13:44:52 PDT 2009

On Jul 16, 2009, at 12:04 PM, Daniel Dunbar wrote:

> 2009/7/15 Török Edwin <edwintorok at gmail.com>:
>> I'm not too keen about seeing buildbots play with trunk ;)
>>
>> How about starting simple, and just auto-tagging builds that work?
>> Could be done per OS/arch, and one global tag when all buildbots
>> pass.
>
> I don't know anything about svn performance. Would this negatively
> impact llvm.org, which is already pretty strained?

How is this any different then the buildbots displaying the revision
tag for a build that works? And the definition of "works" I assume you
mean build and make check cleanly. llvm-test is a different beast and
you need to compare from one run to the next because we do not
currently pass for everything (which is the job of the nightly tester
in theory).

Also, llvm.org is severely strained right now. We are upgrading the
server but I need a few weeks for this. If its possible, it would be
nice to have the buildbots update and not do a full check out.

-Tanya