[LLVMdev] please stabilize the trunk

Paul Melis llvm at assumetheposition.nl
Thu Jul 16 09:31:00 PDT 2009

Paul Melis wrote:
> Bill Wendling wrote:
>
>> Things get really out of hand (and I tend to lose my temper and write
>> hotly worded emails) when things obviously break, and the build bots
>> send out emails about these breakages, but people ignore them, and the
>> build is broken for half a day or more. This morning, I got to the
>> office and couldn't build TOT, it was so bad.
>>

> So... what's the situation at the moment? Should both LLVM and llvm-gcc
> from trunk build without errors on GNU/Linux 32-bit x86 at the moment? I
> get linker errors related to LLVMContext all over the place in llvm-gcc,
> and I think I'm fully up-to-date w.r.t svn.
>
> Or should I wait a while before attempting this in these turbulent times? :)

I think I've tracked it down. The llvm-gcc build picked an old Release
build of LLVM to link against (which didn't have any LLVMContext stuff),
while I'm actually building LLVM Release-Asserts these days. Seems to
get further in the build after deleting the old build and doing a clean
llvm-gcc build.

Paul