[LLVMdev] LLVMContext: Suggestions for API Changes

Albert Graef Dr.Graef at t-online.de
Wed Jul 15 14:24:22 PDT 2009

Owen Anderson wrote:
> On Jul 15, 2009, at 10:56 AM, Jean-Daniel Dupas wrote:
>>
>> You mean like this subject ?
>>
>> http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvmdev/2009-June/023505.html
>
> Notice the sender line on that email... ;-)

Yes, you indeed announced that change, but as John rightfully remarked,
the announcement gave little detail. For LLVM users like me, who just,
well, *use* LLVM, this wasn't enough. Maybe it's not time to document
the changes yet, and maybe everybody but the LLVM developers should stop
using LLVM from svn for a while until the API stabilizes again. That's
fine with me. I can only politely ask that at some point someone please
provide us with the information that we need to port our stuff to the
new API so that we don't have to spend days digging through the LLVM
source code. ;-)

Thanks,
Albert

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af
Dept. of Music-Informatics, University of Mainz, Germany
Email:  Dr.Graef at t-online.de, ag at muwiinfa.geschichte.uni-mainz.de
WWW:    http://www.musikinformatik.uni-mainz.de/ag