[LLVMdev] please stabilize the trunk

Daniel Dunbar daniel at zuster.org
Wed Jul 15 13:46:11 PDT 2009

I don't think auto-reversion is ever going to be a very good idea, and
don't envy anyone trying to implement it correctly. Usually it is the
case that build breakages can be easily fixed, when not it usually the
author is most capable of reverting them safely.

An alternative approach to improving the current status is to make the
buildbots detect failures sooner. Right now the Apple bootstrap
buildbot takes two hours. This means a four hour latency between what
may be a failure and what may be a fix. A simple fix for this is to
add a new buildbot which only tests one particular Apple style build,
instead of the 6 or however many it currently builds.

 - Daniel