[LLVMdev] Debugging Information for Windows

Anton Korobeynikov anton at korobeynikov.info
Wed Jul 15 08:05:35 PDT 2009

Hello

> Can LLVM generate debugging information for a Windows target?
Yes. LLVM generates DWARF debugging information. I haven't checked its
status recently, but it worked some time ago (on mingw32). Note that,
however, you cannot mix stabs debug format and DWARF (I saw, e.g.
pretty weird results from gdb in that case), that means you will need
either use new mingw32 gcc (4.2+) or rebuild runtime, etc to use
DWARF.

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov