[LLVMdev] Some df_iterator and po_iterator issues

Olaf Krzikalla Olaf.Krzikalla at tu-dresden.de
Fri Jul 10 04:54:28 PDT 2009

Chris,

attached you will find a patch implementing the approach I've posted
yesterday. I don't want the topic fall by the wayside*.
*Note that this patch here contains the df_iterator changes only, some
(IMHO non-critical but needed) po_iterator changes are still in the
pipeline and posted by me in another thread. I hope, the current
approach fits all needs.

Chris Lattner schrieb:
> This does sound like a useful use-case, but I am uncomfortable with
> making DepthFirstIterator any heavier

BTW: in order to make DepthFirstIterator more lightweight wouldn't it be
better to make the visit tracking an opt-in. Thus don't provide
llvm::SmallPtrSet as a default for SetType but a simple stub class
implementing count and insert only. I've never used the visit tracking
option so far and it costs a lot in terms of speed and memory.

Best
Olaf Krzikalla