[LLVMdev] Source file information.

David Greene dag at cray.com
Thu Jul 9 10:26:03 PDT 2009

On Thursday 09 July 2009 10:01, John Criswell wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> To add to this, what you want to do is find the appropriate debug stop
> point intrinsic and then use it to look up the information for that
> instruction.

Ick.  So line number information is only available at debug stop points?
That's bad when compiling optimized code since the debug stops kill
optimization, don't they?

We have our own privately-maintained way of tracking line information even
in optimized code but it's a big hack and not something suitable for
pushing upstream.

I thought I saw something on the list recently about someone working on
integrating line number information directly into LLVM Instructions, SDNodes,
MachineInstructions, etc.  Am I mis-remembering?  If not, what's the status
of that?  We'd like to switch over to a proper scheme if we can.

                              -Dave